John, Peter and I got to spend some time with Rock Band 2 this weekend. John and I played it to the point of physical illness, but we still don’t have all the songs unlocked. Since I don’t have the game or even an Xbox right now, I don’t feel like I can write a review. So instead I figured I’d bring back an ol’ classic, the post-movie bullet points. Well, this time its a game. So, here we go:
- World Tour is finally single player, which is good. Me making progress alone might anger bandmates though, which is bad.
- The new songs seems harder, which has mixed results. “Go Your Own Way” is really fun, “Tangled Up in Blue” is really painful.
- The challenges are pretty cool, but I’m not that motivated to play them yet.
- I thought they said we could disable songs from random set lists… How do I do that?!
- The talking parts of vocals seem easier.
- I can’t wait until we unlock “Master Exploder.”
- I just found out that the DLC “Shoot the Runner” omits the word “bitch.” What a joke!
- The lyrics of “The Trees” are really funny. I’m not sure if it’s intentional.
- What are they gonna do for Rock Band 1 if they ever release The Colour and the Shape or Nevermind? Will they include “Everlong” and “Drain You” or are those people boned?
- Since half of Thunderheart wasn’t there, we didn’t feel right calling the new band Thunderheart. Instead, we first named ourselves Dickard, but that was banned on Xbox LIVE. Now we’re Lipschitz.
So, in conclusion, Rock Band 2 is a lot of fun and worth buying just for all the new songs alone. It feels like a perfection of the last game, which was already one of my all-time favorite games. Really, go buy this thing already.