Happy birthday, original Nintendo Entertainment System! At least, we think so. It’s actually kind of hard to pinpoint exactly when the console came out. But, actually, that’s not what we’re talking about. That would be concept albums, in honor of an album that comes out on Tuesday that we’re all so excited about we can’t remember what it’s called. You know, the new Titus Andronicus record. So we got to talking and decide we should focus on concept albums. You know, albums about something. Unlike this paragraph.
Listen, then look at this list after the break. If you’re taking diligent notes, your version of the list should match ours!
10. Frank Sinatra – In the Wee Small Hours
9. Rush – 2112
8. The Magnetic Fields – 69 Love Songs
7. Randy Newman – Good Old Boys
6. Sufjan Stevens – Illinois
5. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
4. The Kinks – The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society / Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire)
3. Pink Floyd – The Wall
2. David Bowie – The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
1. The Who – Tommy / Quadrophenia